Friday, January 6, 2012

The Titanic Project

RMS Titanic  Photo from Wikipedia    



This week we read a great story about the sinking of the Titanic. The kids are captivated. They adore disasters of any kind. Today in the computer lab they researched basic information about the Titanic and worked on their projects to present next week. They can make a poster, power point, tri-fold brochure, or write a short report.

I plan to use the computer lab more often. Would you believe I just learned we had a computer lab just before Christmas? I had no idea! I saw kids more engaged today than they have been sitting in my classroom. Gosh, I wish I had a computer or two for them to use in my classroom. What I would do for a  cart of laptops!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to their presentations next week.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

What a fun assignment! Project sharing is the best part...seeing what lies inside all those heads:))

Hope you share some of them with us?

Kim said...

Hi Joan!
Just saying Hi and wishing you a happy weekend!
(My kids are CRAZY for Titanic stuff. Or tornadoes. Or tsunamis. Or... yep. You know how kids are!)

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade

Danae Gillespie said...

I just found your blog, and I love it! I'm a first year teacher, and sometimes your posts keep me hanging on...Happy Wednesday!