Monday, August 15, 2011

Transformation...

It's been a lot of work. But I think I have made it into a place where I can guide and inspire.

Walking in that first day, I was horribly overwhelmed. What to do with this corner?
How about a reading nook?


Wall to wall desks...


But I carved out a little space for me.



Bookcases painted to the floor and covered in notes and names.

Curtains make a huge difference and hide all my extra books and supplies.

This entire wall scared me! (Blurry because I was shaking!)



 
Now, this is better!

Speaking of scary....yikes!!!!!!!!!


$5 plants, stick on velcro, picnic table cloth on clearance, strategically placed storage and microwave to cover holes in the wall = miracle!


 Let the learning begin!

11 comments:

Kim said...

Love the plants in the sink idea! :-)

Jeff said...

The room looks awesome!! What a great place to learn! Good job! ~Jeff

Okie Book Woman said...

Your classroom looks wonderful! You are so creative. I'm hoping that you'll have a fantastic year. The kids in your classes will be very lucky to have you for a teacher.

Kim said...

WOW!
They make movies about transformations like these!
Talk about making lemonade...

I'm impressed with your determination!

Seventh grade, right?
Good luck and
Happy School Year!

Kim
http://joyin6th.blogspot.com/

Elaine said...

What a transformation. From a sad, tired looking room, it's ready for a new year!
The sink with the plants in it looks good. ;)

Teachinfourth said...

I KNEW you could do it! Now, cue inspirational music and you go, girl!

Kelly L said...

It's looking good! Really good!
I've Become My Mother
I've Become My Mother facebook

Jessica S. said...

Your room is beautiful.
I noticed in the first picture that you had your Sonic drink - Route 44 size to get you through the day? I plan on getting one in the morning of our first teacher work day! :)

Out on the prairie said...

You have added a lot of charm to this area. I like that personal touch.I still get a bit anxious when the school year starts, I have been away for two years.

Tracy P. said...

That is quite the transformation! Way to go!

Teresa said...

I love what you have done with your classroom! So creative and such an inviting space. Thanks for sharing your great ideas!