Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer sign off...

Posting to this blog will be light for the next few months. If you're interested in the mundane minutia of my life, you can read my other blog.

BtT (Before the Tornado) I wanted to post some samples of my students' "Important Book" pages. Here they are:






Love, love, love their work!



So, as we were riding the storm out in our storm cellar...


The clock in my classroom stopped...

and the tornado ended our school year prematurely. 


But, like they knew they might not be coming back, my kids covered my boards with love notes. (I had a sub that day)




When I came in that morning, after the tornado, to work in my room with no electricity, I saw those notes, and I cried.... just a little bit...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Aww, bless their hearts. I hope everything is slowly coming back together for you all!

Amanda
http://www.oneextradegree.blogspot.com

Teachinfourth said...

Little notes like that make the biggest difference...

Hope everything gets back to normal soon.