Monday, April 25, 2011

25 days


In twenty five days (school days) I will put away the Popsicle sticks, my school coffee mug, lunch count slips, erasers, and chalk. I will push the desks to the wall, stack all the chairs, and haul my personal things home. 

In twenty five days I will turn in my lesson plans, grade books, keys, and check out sheets. I will store all my books in the cupboards, and my art supplies in the store room.

In twenty five days I will let go a huge sigh of relief that I have survived the most difficult year so far. This is my 5th year and I'm told if I'm going to quit this profession, then this year is the deciding point. I'm more likely to stay if I make it past five years. 




5 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Here's to another 5!

I started to feel burned out after about 8 or 9 years...I'm now on number 11. I hope I can make it another 20.

Okie Book Woman said...

Glad you're back! I'm hoping you have a good rest over the summer and that next school year is the one that will make you want to teach for a LONG time! I can tell just by reading your posts that you are an awesome teacher.

cstillwagoner said...

just happened upon your blog.....This is my first year teaching 6th, and I really enjoyed reading some of your past posts!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I hope you decide to return in the fall!

RA Journeys said...

I hope you enjoy your summer and make the right decision for you and your life!