Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wild Horses

My morning is spent teaching four English classes. The afternoon is all homeroom, all the time. It includes "study hall", DEAR time, read aloud, and English. 

I am exhausted at the end of the day because the entire afternoon is spent keeping this bunch from spinning out of control. Remember, I have 11 students with behavior issues, all are loud, and most have problems with impulse control. One of the non-behavior-issue kids is now unmedicated because dad lost his job and they are trying to get medicaid. This poor boy is trying so hard to keep it together. 


It feels like trying to rein in wild horses for two solid hours.

5 comments:

ali said...

sounds like your doing a great job! what an encouragement.

Cathryn said...

Herding cats is easier...I feel for you.
*Zen Hugs*

Miss Emily said...

That sounds like over half my 2nd grade class but I have them all day. I feel like anything will set my "wild horses" off! Good luck, I'd love to just have 2hrs of the madness!

Teachinfourth said...

Rope em' up, girl!

I hope things go better for your student soon, and that you maintain a bit of your sanity.

Cheeseboy said...

Deep breaths. The year is more than half over. You can make it.