Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Birch trees...

Back and forth... Two steps forward and one step back... But we are moving forward. 

I always plan to do something fun on Friday afternoons. But Fun-Friday has to be earned. So, I usually have a few kids that have to go hang with the principal, or with another class while we have our fun project. Also, by Friday, I will have a few other or my troublemakers already out of the classroom because they are in ISS. Someday, someday all my kids will earn Fun-Friday.


Last week we painted birch trees. It's an easy step-by-step process and they did a wonderful job! I love how some of them turned out. They all had their own unique look. 








It was messy and busy and we loved every minute of it.

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

You have some kids with real artistic talent there!

I like how the green fingernails matched the artwork in the first one.

Cathryn said...

You have some very talented and unique artists in your classroom! I really enjoyed taking my time and looking through the different stands of birch tree portraits! Amazing! I hope your other children see the fun they missed out and start understanding that every decision or choice brings on some of kind of action.

Teachinfourth said...

Okay, some of those pieces are wonderful! I love the idea of having a reward for those who've earned it. I do that with music on Fridays and a few activities sprinkled throughout the year...

Kelly L said...

I love it - very nice.

Love to you
Kelly
I've Become My Mother

Elaine said...

Those painting are excellent and the students must be very proud of them. You said they were a step by step process - can you share it with us? I'm always on the lookout for step by step projects as art is not something I find easy!

Cheeseboy said...

Those look awesome. Bet my first graders could even do them.