Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Unwritten

Get ready for some major cheese!

I love Natasha Bedingfield's song "Unwritten". As an English teacher, it inspires me to teach those kids my very best, to take them as far as I can, and to push them harder than they have ever been pushed. When I do that, I am never let down. 

The following quotes are from the song...


I am unwritten
The pen's in my hand, ending unplanned...


Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words
That you could not find
 

 Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions


 
Live your life with arms wide open 
Drench yourself in words unspoken



Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten, yeah 

6 comments:

Cathryn said...

That's soooooooooooo inspiring! I need a copy of that song so I can keep it going in my head when I am pushing my students to do more than they think they can!

Joan said...

I love it and play it for my kids to pump them up. They love dancing to it!

Cheeseboy said...

I actually really like this song. But I like the photos even more.

Jennee said...

I love that song. Our school district actually used this song at our convocation one year to get us all inspired for the upcoming year! I love how you used pictures of your students in this. Thanks for re-inspiring me!

Yaya' s Home said...

I've never even heard of that song, but now I like it. Yes, as a matter of fact, I do sorta' live out in the boonies; one radio station an' no TV.

What a great an' inspiring message. With the internet, I continue to learn. Thank you.

~ Yaya

Intense Guy said...

Beuatiful pictures to go with that wonderful song.

Are these yours?