Saturday, January 1, 2011

Inspired

I cannot say enough how much other bloggers inspire me. They inspire me to be a better teacher, better writer, reader, blogger. I've spent these two weeks off reading and searching for inspiration. I had been feeling close to burn out. Today I am ready to go back and put all I have back into my classroom and my kids. 
 We will spend the next few weeks on verbs and various short writing projects. At the end of the month we will begin our poetry unit with the book "Love that dog".  I love teaching figurative language and poetry. I am always moved by the depth of their thoughts and feelings.

I hope this new year brings you inspiration, creativity, and more stories to share.

7 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Hey, I love the new look of the blog. Very cool.

It sure has been nice to have some time off, hasn't it?

Mari said...

Awww, and thats what the breaks are for. To relieve you hopefully from burnout. Hopefully you will keep being inspired.

new follower here btw.

Intense Guy said...

I hope the second half the school year goes well! May your kids be as absorbent as sponges!

Cathryn said...

I think the best teachers are those who step outside of the program to inspire their students. I admire you for reaching for extra inspiration and searching for projects that make learning fun. After all, if it's not fun, why bother to learn it?!?!

Teachinfourth said...

Back to the grind again, myself. It's good to be back, but now I find that I am up to my eyeballs in grades, testing, planning, and everything else that goes along with teaching.

It's a good thing I love my job...

elysabeth said...

I agree - you have to start fresh and hope that whatever you teach does get through to them a little bit. I'm glad I found your blog through Mr. Hughes' blog

I also do virtual classroom visits for writing time if you are interested - check out my website if interested in having an author come in to help with writing - please put an email subscription on your blog so I can get your updates in my email - thanks - Mrs. E :)

Elysabeth Eldering
Author of the Junior Geography Detective Squad, 50-state, mystery, trivia series

Where will the adventure take you next?

http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com
http://jgdsseries.weebly.com

Jennee said...

I think that is the way of a great teacher! We need our breaks to rejuvenate and find inspiration to continue on for the second half of the year. Yet you used that break reading and searching for inspiration.