Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Go ahead and yack all you want!


This thing, along with a lot of patience, trust-building, and time, has turned my homeroom class around. Over the past few weeks, my kids have learned to monitor their noise level and they are earning points for a pizza party. I still have several that are in trouble all the time, in ISS or home on suspension, but it is because they won't behave for their other teachers. In my class they are fine. I have not written up a kid in weeks! Feels good. We are getting things done and we are starting to have fun.

7 comments:

Elaine said...

That's great news! Well done!

Jessica S. said...

Where did you get it? The school I did my student teaching at had one in their cafeteria to monitor lunchroom noise. I would LOVE to get one for my class - although I think mine do pretty well. But it would be great for those times when they are super excited to be working on group projects.
jlskinner@yahoo.com

Joan said...

Thank you Elaine. =)

Jessica ~ I ordered the Yacker Traker from Amazon. It was worth the cash.

Cheeseboy said...

November is a great time for a teacher, I think. Things start to come together.

I bought one of those yacker tracker things and found that it did not work at all.

I am really starting to dig my class. They have some real personality.

Intense Guy said...

Excellent!

I guess those students know how to behave for the great teachers.

Like you.

Kelly L said...

This is great - It's amazing what pizza will do!

Love to you!
Kelly
I've Become My Mother
Amazing Salvation
Kelly's Ideas

Teachinfourth said...

Good for you! Hope the class continues with their noise levels...