Monday, August 16, 2010

My room - 2010


 I took these pictures this morning so they do not show the progress I made today. This is part of my front wall, the door is to the left.


From the door. I've added two more desks. We hear rumors we have to plan for 27. We will get our rosters tomorrow.


Novel Study bulletin board. The students will create posters, brochures, and comic strips to display for the novels we will study.


This will be our wall of wow! I will choose work that wows me and display it for a week.


Supply tubs, one for each student.


My desk and work area. It looks much better after working on it today!



Class library and reading area. A wonderful friend and former teacher gave me the huge display cabinet. I love it and it holds a lot of stuff in those drawers. 


A rescued chair from a teacher who retired. It will be my reading chair.


From the back wall.

Tomorrow I have to work from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. It will be a long day, but I am up for it. I cannot wait to meet my homeroom critters and their parents. 

8 comments:

Territory Mom said...

I love it!!! You did such a great job. I bet you are the best teacher ever.

Ginger Snaps said...

The room is looking good!

liz said...

It looks awesome! You'd never know you haven't been there for years.

Intense Guy said...

So bright, clean, colorful and cheery - and so durn inviting!!

I hope you have the best class ever this year!

Teachinfourth said...

Looks great!

Cheeseboy said...

Your wall stuff looks so much more neat and organized than my clumsy man job.

Retired seats are always the most comfortable. I have one myself.

Jessica S. said...

Nice classroom set up. I only have 2 bulletin boards in my class. I really like your Wall of Wow so I think I'll do that on my one rolling storage cabinet. Or maybe I could change my class job bulletin board to one of the cupboards and make that bulletin board my Wall of Wow.

Okie Book Woman said...

Oops. I just realized that I left my comment on how good your room looks on the other post. Oh well, I'll tell you again: your room looks wonderful! Way to go!