Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Frustrated!

Our school district got backlogged on carpet cleaning and floor waxing, so we cannot get into our rooms this week.  

"Meet the Teacher" in is less than two weeks! 

I would not be so frustrated if it weren't for the fact that we had to clear our rooms out of any personal things that would not fit in our cupboards. My garage is full of my stuff and I will need to move that back to school and I am changing rooms, so I have to move all the furniture and my computers. Because we are down to one custodian, I will have to find my own help moving stuff. 

So, I am a little frustrated that I cannot get into my room this week, and they "hope" we can get in next week. Hope...

6 comments:

Clix said...

Oo, I hate that. Especially if only a few teachers have to move and so it feels like you're "behind" everyone else. :(

Cheeseboy said...

Oh yes, that does suck. Somehow these things are always perfectly planned like this, aren't they?

Kathy said...

Coming from a family of teachers, I can feel your pain. Don't you find it hard to believe that they have all summer and still can't get it all done in time! UGH! Our district office is attached to our junior high....this week they are redoing the gym floors and patching the roof....I have been sick all week with headaches, dizziness and feeling sick. I don't do chemicals very well. It's the pits.

Intense Guy said...

Ugh. Its a wonder you dedicated teachers put up with this sort of nonsense.

I hope those (somewhat) rowdy, happy, smiling sunburnt (or tanned) kids laughing in your classroom on their first day back makes it all worthwhile.

Teachinfourth said...

You know, it never ceases to amaze me just how many things go wrong right before school starts. I had something very similar to this just a few years ago and found myself frantically putting my room together that day before back-to-school night. Needless to say, I was stressed beyond belief.

I hope everything gets worked out for you in time and that you get everything done.

Kelly L said...

Oh geez... I know how stressful and time consuming it can be for teachers to set up for the new school year - (married into a family of teachers) I have the highest respect for you - I lack the patience to explain or teach... Woe to my newest assistant/husband who is trying to help me work.... lol
I hope you get the help you need to set up in time!
Love to you
kelly
I've Become My Mother