Monday, July 26, 2010

And so it begins...

This week marks the end of my summer. What a way to end it though. I got up early, cleaned the pool and lazed around all morning long. I finished reading "Catching Fire" and I am counting the days until "Mockingjay" is released (29).

I have contemplated mapping out my new year. I will be teaching just English and Spelling so you would think that I would have already knocked out my curriculum map. Nope...

I do know that I will spend time on three blocks and rotate them. We will focus on grammar, writing, and novel studies. I will keep my unit on poetry using "Love That Dog".

I believe I will wait and make my lesson plans after we meet as a grade on Thursday. I am really interested in this meeting. We will address how we are going to go from self-contained to departmentalized. It will be interesting and I have so many questions!

4 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Summer is almost over for you, too? It's kind of a bummer, isn't it? I've been reading Catching Fire, too. What part are you at? This is getting good, too. I am about one third of the way finished… I can't wait for the new one either!

Thanks for the book suggestion.

Joan said...

I finished "Catching Fire" today. I won't spoil anything for you, but it is gooooooood! I need, need, need the next book. I think I understand those creepy "Twilight" women now. Ha! Enjoy what is left of your summer.

Intense Guy said...

I hope that all the changes actually helps you teach and the students learn...

Did you have a good summer?

Ginger Snaps said...

Our book club decided to do these books recently and I CANNOT wait until Mockingjay comes out later this month!