Monday, May 31, 2010

New assignment and my new favorite art/writing project.

I love Art Projects for Kids!  I adjusted this project a little bit and had my students make their own cityscapes in oil pastels. I love, love, love how they turned out! They also had to write a Cinquian about their cityscape.


As you may or may not know, I teach a self-contained 6th grade class. Next year we are departmentalizing and I will teach English. I am so excited about how this will work. We will have two teams of five teachers and I really like the team I've been assigned. My grade is experiencing a lot of change and some loss. The losses are hard, but the budgets are tight. I really hope my pink-slipped colleagues find a job. They are all really good teachers.
I may or may not post, but will definitely pick it up again in August. I hope you have a great summer!

3 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Love the contrasting pastel colors. Nicely done.

Cathryn said...

I love the creativity you students show. I hope your changes work out well. I know how it goes with budget cuts. I wish the military would hold a bake sale to fund their weapons while education get all the money in the world.

Ginger Snaps said...

I love the idea of having students create a piece of art and then write about it! You could put their work in an "art gallery" type display around the room and write about their favorite piece! Love it!