Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sick Day

I spent Sunday getting intimately acquainted with my toilet bowl. 


The stomach virus hit in late morning and by 4:00 a.m. Sunday morning I knew I would never make it to school. I logged on to the sub finder, entered my absence, and spent 30 agonizing minutes sketching out a sub plan. Back to bed. At 6:30 a.m. I checked the sub-finder, the absence had been covered, and called my VP. I let her know that my husband would leave my lesson plans at the front desk with several of my teacher edition books I had taken home.

All good!


I spent the day in bed. Despite feeling horrible, I got to watch a gorgeous snow storm blanket my back yard. 


I watched as my corgis cavorted and tumbled in the snow. 

Today I go back to work, dragging heiny like nobody's business, and despite the best laid plans, things were not as I expected. My VP wrote some good lessons plans because no one could find the plans I had my husband drive out of his way to drop off at my school. Oddly, those plans were at the front desk when I came in this morning. The sub who picked up the duty, called in before school started and they had to scramble to fill the gap. Then I get a new kid. Argh!!! 
But, this is the good thing. I got a new kid! He is sweet and quiet right now. 


One of my most credible boys, quietly said to me after lunch,  "He's cool." So I think new boy will do just fine.

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

that would be a nightmare Joan, so glad you are feeling a bit better today. Chloe and Zoe were so cute in the snow! that would have been fun to watch for sure (but sorry you were sick)

betty

bun2bon said...

I've heard mid-year new students can sometimes have A LOT of baggage. nice to know some don't. =)

Cathryn said...

Sorry you've been ill. Isn't it amazing that the plans were there all along? I've had that happen to me--amazes me each and every time. :D

Glad you're feeling a bit better--but sheesh...stress on top of stress!

banders said...

Oh my goodness- never a dull moment, huh? Feel better!

Kathy said...

Hope you are all well now!