Monday, January 25, 2010

Moves that make sense!





"Moves that make sense" is my chess club's motto. They are a great group of kids. We just get together once a week to play and in the spring I have a mini-tournament just with our kids. Well, a tournament came up in OKC and I told these kids and they were determined to go. I was not able to attend because of prior commitments (which never came up because I was home sick this weekend) but five of my boys went and with no tournament experience they took the 2nd place trophy in their section. Whoohoo!

3 comments:

Cathryn said...

That is totally awesome! I'm so glad to read about your teaching them chess! I think it helps build brain synapses.

Wow! Congratulations to the Chess Club!

teachin' said...

Great motto, and congrats!

That corgi :) said...

congrats to the club!!! and chess is such a great game to play!

betty