Sunday, January 17, 2010

Check your child's homework

 I received this in an email and it gave me chuckle.



"Dear Mrs. Jones, 

I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an exotic
dancer. 

I work at Home Depot and I told my daughter how hectic it was last week before the blizzard hit. I told her we sold out every single shovel we had, and then I found one more in the back room, and that several people were fighting over who would get it. 
Her picture doesn't show me dancing around a pole. It's supposed to depict me selling the last snow shovel we had at Home Depot. 
From now on I will remember to check her homework more thoroughly before she turns it in.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Smith 


 

6 comments:

Cathryn said...

That's precious!

It also reminds me when my son announced he was bringing me to Show-n-Tell that week since I lived through the Civil War!

Lyndsey said...

That is so funny!!! I acutally laughed out loud!! Did she write this after her daughter handed it in? That's one for your scrapbook.

I saved, and wrote down what some of the kids say when they come into the school clinic too.

Ginger Snaps said...

I recieved this in an email my first year teaching and thought I was going to die! It stills makes me laugh out loud!

halpey1 said...

I've seen this before and it always makes me smile... I have a few pics like that and need to get around to posting some of them... :)

Urban School Teacher said...

Classic! Surely the best opening line to a parental letter that has ever been written?!

Okie Book Woman said...

Surprisingly, I had never seen that email. That's wonderful! Yes, some of those kid drawings are hysterically funny.