Saturday, December 12, 2009

Grecian Art ~ sorta


By now you should know that I loves me some wall displays! I rarely have a bare wall. I think it is so important to showcase what my kids do, where they go, what they think and also how creative they are.



Part of our field trip was a an activity. The docent discussed the Grecian art technique of black on red painting and red on black painting. They created their own vases with designs and back in the class room I had them glue them to construction paper. I love how they look!



7 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Very nice display! I bet the kids like seeing it too.

Cindy said...

Yay! I'm so glad you like your necklace. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. :)

Merry Christmas!

xoxo,
Cindy

That corgi :) said...

those are cool looking vases! I like all the different shapes and the creativity that went into the project

betty

Cathryn said...

I love your creativity that you show in your classes! Thanks for showcasing such wonderful art!

Donnetta Lee said...

Hi there! I think I saw you at Anna's Christmas party, but we weren't introduced. (Unless your face just looks familiar!) One way or the other, glad to find your blog. I just retired in June from speech-language pathology in the schools here in Oklahoma. Teachers are courageous! Great blog. Come visit my humble effort some time! Donnetta

Kathy said...

Those are just awesome! When kids work hard on something, it should be displayed.

LightTeacher said...

Great artwork from your students.