Saturday, November 21, 2009

Still here... Despite a near death experience

Sorry for the long break. I have been so busy I decided to stay away awhile lest I forget my true priorities.

My Art weekend was wonderful and I have integrated some of what I learned in the classroom. I wish there was time for more but meeting are eating up so darn much time and when we aren't in meetings we are assessing. At least it seems that way.

On Monday I got a taste of Professional Development h*ll. Oh. My. Gawd! I read a lot of teacher blogs and I have read many stories about PD h*ll, but I had never been there. Now, I admit, PD still sucks most of the time, but I always seemed to come away with something. Not this time. Nothing. Zip. Can I count a sore butt?

Late in the afternoon, I decided to take another diversionary trip to the restroom while I was supposed to be working with my group, making up a song about diversity. Yes, I said MAKING UP A SONG! As I walked to the restroom, I passed another group and they were singing "We are the teachers, we are the world" and I thought to myself oh please, just kill me now. When I returned to my group, I alerted them to the fact that they were now officially on suicide watch.

Six hours... I will never get those hours back and they were truly, 100 percent, wasted.

7 comments:

Urban School Teacher said...

Ouch!

teachin' said...

Isn't that a depressing experience? I've had it happen only once, and I hope it stays that way.

That corgi :) said...

LOL; I always wondered what happened on those days; sounds gruesome!

betty

Cathryn said...

I also wondered about Professional Development. I haven't had to go to one and egads--Hope I'm never REQUIRED to do so!

Intense Guy said...

Sounds like all it amounted to was "Patience Development" -

I guess it makes the Admin and the School Board look "good" and helps them "sell" themselves and the tax increases to the public.

Cindy said...

Hi Joan! Looks like I'm your Christmas swap buddy. Woohoo! :)

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh...that sounds awful. How do they feel that will help you when you return to the classroom? Are you going to sing it to the kids? UGH!