Friday, October 9, 2009

Playing to a tough room...

My crew is still a tough bunch. My crew is still fighting the limits but slowly coming around. I'm bending and adjusting and learning.


Last week I decided to strictly teach in small groups to this bunch. For reading and math I teach six at a time. Once a week I teach whole group. While I teach the group of six, others are busy with seat work, novel studies, literacy centers or intervention. I almost feel like I have new crew. Almost, not quite...


Things went so well that on Wednesday we sorted and classified (sort of) snacks foods. They loved it.


Today they got in big trouble in the cafeteria and spent the afternoon in quiet work. No fun-stuff-Friday for them.

5 comments:

a corgi said...

bet you'll get it all figured out with them.....and then it will be the last month of school

in the meantime, enjoy the weekend

betty

Kelly's Ideas said...

Did they get to eat the snack food? I have to admire you... Teaching has got to be the most difficult job but I think it probably has a lot of great rewards..

Love to you.
Kelly

Joan said...

Oh betty, I hope I do!

Kelly ~ they did get eat the snacks. =) And you're right, there are some amazing rewards.

The Redhead Riter said...

Awww...they couldn't have been that bad! Are you a mean teacher? LOL LOL LOL

Joan said...

Red ~ I am soooo mean! LOL! And they are that naughty. This is a tough bunch. But things are slowly getting better.