Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's an honor just to be nominated...

The last thing I expected this year was to be nominated for Teacher of the Year at my site. I have felt like I have really struggled and just recently have found my footing.

For the nomination, I have to write about a teaching technique I use. There are many, but perhaps how I integrate art into so much of what I do makes a difference in my classroom. We don't have art at my school so it is up to the classroom teachers to make sure our kids get those skills that the state requires.

I'll keep you updated...

11 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Yay! Congratulations, that's great! You deserve it. I know sometimes it seems impossible that you make an imprint on these kids, but you do.

Christie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting!!

j4luck said...

Congratulations! I agree that you deserve it, I really enjoy reading about your techniques and always learn something from your blog.

seeking the truth said...

congratulations! that is just awesome!!! I know you'll write an awesome essay about your teaching technique!! best of luck with this :)

betty

seeking the truth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
seeking the truth said...

okay, sorry, I accidentally left two comments so I deleted the second one; sorry for the confusion :)

betty

Joan said...

Thanks for the comments. I will post my little paragraph once I get it written.

Cathryn said...

Woooooooooohoooooooooo! Congratulations! This is such a great pat on the shoulder of a job well done! I wish you well!

Intense Guy said...

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!

:)

Sandy said...

Congratulations!

Mike said...

Congrats and kudos! I like your art in the classroom idea.

Mike Teacher Food