Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Sixth graders are…
• Big enough to wipe their own noses, but not too big for hugs.
• Funny and they get your jokes too!
• Capable of understanding a lot of the world’s complexities but still innocent
enough to truly believe we can change all that is wrong with it.
• Big believers in justice and making things fair.
• Caring and when their teacher’s dad dies they promise they will be good for a week
and write her notes while she is gone on leave telling her how much they miss her
and never want a sub again.
• Serious when things get serious, like enduring five trips to the tornado shelter and
having to stay at school until 5:30 p.m. without too much complaining.
• My kind of people!
Posted by joan at 9:53 AM