Saturday, August 1, 2009

Let's get ready to rumble!

My title is some sports thing isn't it? Well, teaching can certainly be compared to a sporting event. There are coaches (teachers), participants (students), and fans (parents). You can even say school is a game, play it well and you will go places. Enough of the sports metaphors.

I'm ready to get back at it. I miss my classroom and the kids. I miss how teaching measures my days into increments that are so manageable for me. I need structure. I do love occasional days at home where nothing is planned, but too many and I get squirrely.

I'm going to pick up my keys on Tuesday and take all the things I have been collecting all summer to my classroom. I have books, new pillows, a new reading stool, a rug, a totally cool lamp, pages I've printed from websites, supplies, etc... I think I will get my room arranged too and paper the bulletin boards. Ahhh.....just thinking about it makes me want to be there NOW! Am I nuts?

I really do miss it.

1 comment:

a corgi said...

I think it is very hard work to be a teacher, especially if you have a lot of students in your classroom. It is neat to read about teachers who look forward to going back to work rather than dreading the end of summer; that is awesome!!

betty