Friday, August 14, 2009

Donors Choose

I absolutely love this site. If you're not a teacher, then you might not have heard of it. Donors Choose is a site for teachers to post their needs for their classrooms. From anonymous donors I have received chess sets for my chess club and bean bag chairs for my classroom library. My need for individual whiteboards and markers for all my students has just been funded and will be shipped soon. My latest request is for three digital cameras for digital storytelling.

I encourage all teachers to participate here and I hope more and more people visit and donate to teachers.


2 comments:

Betty said...

What a great idea. I wish I had heard of this before I retired.

LightTeacher said...

I love this site! I put in a proposal for a class set of dictionaries and was fully funded at the end of the year. We will receive them early this school year. I'm excited to use them again!