Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Classroom, how I have missed thee... Now where's my dadgum wastebasket!

Boy, do I ever have a lot of work to do! But that is ok, this is work I love doing. I met with my principal and assistant principal. I have to prepare for 24-25 kids. That's ok, more than I want but I can deal with it. Last year I have 20-22 and it was nice.

So, this is my desk area. It is messy and crowded. I hope to change that, but won't hold my breath. Don't hold yours either.

I found this when I got into my room. What is it? What does this mean? Well, it is a projector mount and it means I am getting a projector mounted on the ceiling. Whoohoo!!! We are very technology poor here so I am pretty excited.

I'm shooting from the doorway. Where all the chairs are stacked is where the students hang their backpacks. The projector screen will hang from the ceiling just in front of the window curtains. Odd place but they say it's the only solution.Trying to get most of the room in this shot. Like I said....I have a lot of work to do.



We did not stay long because you can tell by the body posture of small daughter that is was soooooooooo boring. I think I might go up tonight, ALONE, and I am definitely going on Thursday, ALONE!

5 comments:

a corgi said...

looks like a nice size classroom! I wonder if the class size will fluctuate for the first few weeks of school and you can settle into your comfortable 20-22

have fun getting it all ready!

betty

Manda said...

Congratulations! If you're anything like me, you're going to LOVE having the LCD projector out of the way!

Funny...your pics remind me of my classroom when I taught in Tulsa. Our schools must have had the same designer :)

Joan said...

Betty ~ sometimes there are fluctuations, but usually the numbers are steady. The does look big now but once 25 desks are arranged it will shrink!

Manda ~ I like your blog! I'm really glad to have the technology. Last year we had 2-3 projectors for 10 teachers. It was a pain getting it all set up just to use once in awhile. Looking forward to using this one a lot!

Hannah said...

Did you ever find your waste basket?

=^^=

Joan said...

Nope!