Friday, August 21, 2009

And we're off!


What a whirlwind these two days have been! I have some really sweet, funny, and smart kids. I know every class gives you a honeymoon period, and these kids are no exception, but I will enjoy every minute of these first few weeks. They are being so very good, despite the fact they are a chatty and busy bunch. But they are not rude or loud....yet.


They have organized, gone through the text books and completed a writing assignment today. Math assessment is over, art project completed, and procedures practiced over and over again.

I have 24 students and our space is limited. We are so crowded, but these kids don't complain.


Missy 22 here is so smart and so sweet. I like how she wrote "Hi!" on her hand and...



she wore the coolest sneakers today!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I was intrigued by the name of your blog. I have 3 children that all have degrees in education. One of them chose not to teach, one teaches 3rd grade in Colorado...the other teaches special ed. here in Illinois and so does his wife. I am a special ed secretary. Working in eduction is amazing, but you are absolutely right, it's not for wimps! Have a wonderful year!

Joan said...

Thanks, you too.

I learned early on I had to be tough but allow myself to fall in love with these kids. So, that is what I do. I never regret it.

Okie Book Woman said...

Joan, this is really neat. I love looking at photos of other teachers' classrooms. Your love for teaching and kids really shines through. How I love teachers like you! And I love being retired, but just looking at these photos of preparation for school and meeting all the new sweet kids you will come to love makes me really miss all of that excitement. I hope you have a terrific year.

Joan said...

Okie ~ I truly was "led" to this career and feel so blessed every day. Here is it Sunday night and I am looking forward to going to work. It really doesn't feel like work.

Thank you for your kind words. I am sure you can be proud of a rewarding career. Enjoy retirement; I know I will!

Kelly's Ideas said...

I love your love and enthusiam!

Love,
Kelly

PS - I want a pair of shoes like that!